Training Course Description
The reactive power management in power system is a major issue in optimal power system operation. Reactive power management mainly affect the system voltage level and the system losses. The scope of this course is to enable the participants to have an in-depth understanding of the applications, overall theory and essential issues relevant to daily operation and maintenance of reactive power management and power factor correction.
Training Course Objectives
- Being able to identify the Compensation equipment
- Understanding the fundamental theory of PF and voltage correction
- Understanding the Objectives of reactive power compensation
- Understanding the switching transient & over voltage
- Learning how to Protect the power capacitor
- Understanding theEconomic justification of capacitor in distribution system
- Understanding the VAR optimization in distribution system
- Understanding the Load flow study in transmission sys
Who Should Attend?
- Electricity companies officers
- Any person needing an understanding of power management systems
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Real and Reactive Power
- Calculating the Power
- Factor for a System
- Typical Power Factor for System Components
Reactive Power Compensation Devices
- Capacitor Banks
- Synchronous Condensers
- Shunt Reactors
- Calculating the Optimum Size of Power Compensation Devices
- Payback Period for Compensation Devices
Capacitor Banks Types
- IEEE Standards for Capacitor Banks
- Manufacturer Tolerances
- Voltage Rating
- KVAR Rating
- Series and Parallel Groups
Protection of Capacitor Banks over Current Protection
- Over voltage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Unbalance Protection
- Back to Back Switching
- What are Harmonics
- Sources of Harmonics
- Effect of Harmonics on Capacitor Banks
- Protecting Capacitor Banks against Excessive Harmonic Voltages and Current
Power Factor Correction and Voltage
- Optimum Location of Capacitor Banks
- Calculating Voltage Rise due to Placement of Capacitor Banks
- Issues in Starting Motors using Capacitor Start
- Avoiding Harmful Residual Voltages
Microprocessors and Capacitor Bank Controllers
- Voltage Relays
- NO-VAR Controllers
- Micro-processor Schemes
- Selecting the Parameters of a Distribution System
- Calculating Voltage Drops in a Distribution System
- Voltage Regulation in Distribution Systems using
Load Tap Changers
Static Compensation Equipment
- Static VAR Compensators
- UPFC Devices
- Comparison between the Various Static Compensation Devices
- VAR optimization in transmission system
Capacitor Control and Testing
- Capacitor control
- Microprocessor based capacitor bank controller
- Regulations for distribution systems
- Power capacitor standards and testing
- Testing Standards
- Testing Procedures
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.