Training Course Description
Oil, gas and chemical field companies handle the most dangerous chemicals and processes across all industries. Catastrophic incidents and casualties are products of the failure to manage process safety
The international and US standards for Safety Instrumented Systems (SISs), International Electrotechnical Commission IEC 61511 and ISA 84, require that Safety Integrity Levels (SILs) be determined for Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) to meet tolerable risk criteria. The standards identify several methods that can be used for this purpose including Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), risk graphs and risk matrices. This course explains how these methods can be used. A detailed procedure is provided for using LOPA for SIL determination.Course participants will have sight visit day to a company related to their job specification (Petrochemical company).
Training Course Objectives
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Learning how to perform a LOPA study to evaluate the effectiveness of process safeguards
- Being able to determine required SILs for SIFs using LOPA, risk graphs and risk matrices
- Improving safety skills through techniques in process safety management
- Promoting business continuity improvement through understanding of safer systems design
Who Should Attend?
- Process safety personnel
- Control systems engineers
- Project engineers
- Facility personnel who are involved in implementing standards for safety instrumented systems
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Requirements of SIS standards
- Concept of hazardous events for SIFs
- Meaning and development of risk criteria
- Use of risk matrices
- Use of risk graphs
- Process Safety Concepts
- Overview of LOPA
- Use of LOPA
- Documentation and example application
- Selection of hazard scenarios
- Definition of scenario consequences
- Identification of initiating events
- Consideration of enablers
- Failure data
- Making risk decisions
- Remaining Steps
- Understanding protection layers
- Other uses of LOPA
- SIL Terms and concepts
- Requirements for SIL verification
- Reliability metrics
- SIL determination
- SIS components and their failures
- Common cause failures
- Failure modes, effects and diagnostic analysis
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.