Training Course Description
Power system operations and control continue to be utility mission-critical activities, focused on the reliability and security of the grid as well as on economic dispatch of the system. in this course, participants will learn the fundamentals of power system dispatchers as well as fossil fuel and hydroelectric generating station switchboard and control operators.
Training Course Objectives
- Being familiar with the constraints in power system operation
- Understanding principles of frequency control
- Learing voltage and power flow control principles
- Being familar with Real and Reactive Power Scheduling
- Understanding the fundamentals of Preventive, Emergency and Restorative Control
- Practicing Power System Structures planning and coordination
Who Should Attend?
- Power plant and system operators
- System planners
- System security monitors
- Electric power marketers and brokers
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Overview of power system operations and control
- Security analysis framework
- Role of the EMS (energy management system)
- Optimal power flows
- Economic dispatch problems
- Formulation of optimal power flow problem
- Solution methods
- Objective functions and representation of constraints
- Applications to dispatch and rescheduling
- Pricing information and spot pricing
- Role of reactive power
- Resource scheduling and commitment
- Nature of resource scheduling problem
- Time hierarchies
- Objectives and constraints
- Unit commitment and hydro-thermal coordination
- Role in EMS
- State estimation
- Fundamental notions
- Static state estimation – role and formulation
- The least squares state estimation solution
- Constrained weighted least squares estimation
- Key functions and their interrelationships
- Measurement requirements
- Bad data identification/ detection, analysis and processing
- Electricity restructuring
- Transition from monopoly to competition
- Competitive electricity markets
- Market design
- Interrelationships between various markets
- Impacts of restructuring and competition
- Nature of transmission services
- Congestion management
- Ancillary services
- Informational needs
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.