Petroleum Geology for Non Geologists Training
The course will cover fundamentals of geological principles employed to find, develop and produce oil and gas reservoirs, the type of data required to build a model of the subsurface, and the different methods used to display information. Furthermore, this course will demystify the language used by geoscientists and help participants understand the relevance of petroleum geology within the overall framework of the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Recognizing the components of the structure of the Earth
- Identifying the main rock types, their origins and their roles in petroleum generation and entrapment
- Understanding how drilling, completing and reworking a well affects its ability to produce
- Understanding what can be done within open-hole and cased wells, as a part of reservoir management
- Understanding how drilling practices can damage or stimulate producing wells
Who Should Attend?
- Petroleum engineers
- Technical/reservoir engineers
- Drilling engineers
- Processing engineers
- Commercial analysts
- Decision makers/ investors in oil and gas sector
- Overall drilling practices
- Language of drilling
- Reservoir rock and fluid properties
- Rigs & rig equipment
- Drilling string components & design
- Fluids & hydraulics
- Rig operation
- Well control
- Hole problems & stuck pipe
- Drilling risks
- Cores and coring
- Casing design & installation
- Primary cementing
- Directional, horizontal, multilateral & under-balanced drilling
- Wellhead & trees
- Zonal isolation
- Tubing, packers & completion equipment
- Safety & flow control devices
- Open hole completions
- Basic completion types
- Open & cased hole logging
- Formation damage & treatment
- Completion fluids
- Multiple completions
- Stimulation application: surfactants, solvents, acidizing, fracturing & deep perforating
- Formation & sand control: screens, chemical consolidation, gravel packing, frac-pack, new & novel techniques
- Scale & corrosion
- Paraffin & asphaltenes
- Coiled tubing
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)