This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of contemporary theories and practices of knowledge management (KM) by examining the relationship between a theoretical understanding of knowledge management and real-life situations and by integrating different dimensions of knowledge management arising from human resource management, information systems and strategic management. The course will explain the concept of intellectual capital’ and how it is managed and exploited in organisations. It will demonstrate a critical understanding of knowledge management policies and strategies in organisations that enhance effectiveness. Participants will be able to apply a range of transferable skills including literature search, analytical skills, application of theory to real-life situations, teamwork, motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Explore the different conceptualisations of organizational learning
- Explain how knowledge management systems can assist in a variety of organizations
- Understand different ways of thinking about strategy
- Understand the nature of organizational culture
- Understand effective ways of implementing knowledge management initiatives
- Explain the characteristics of the notion of intellectual capital from a historic perspective
- Contrast differing frameworks and conceptions of intellectual capital
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who aspires to hone his knowledge management skills
- Introduction to Knowledge Management
- Knowledge management defenition
- Different perspectives on knowledge management
- The difference between data, information and knowledge
- Managing knowledge from ancient times to today
- Organizational Learning
- Individuals’ learning styles
- Teams’ learning styles
- Organizations’ learning styles
- The role of politics in organizational learning
- Change Management
- Leadership and change
- Change management strategies
- Human Resource Interventions in change management
- Knowledge Management Tools
- Tools for organising knowledge
- Tools for capturing knowledge
- Tools for evaluating knowledge
- Tools for sharing knowledge
- Tools for storing and presenting knowledge
- Knowledge Management and organisational Culture
- The role of culture in knowledge conversion and creation processes
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Systems thinking
- Drivers of knowledge management systems
- Strategic Management Perspectives
- Strategic management: schools of thought
- Resource-based and knowledge-based view of the firm
- Information systems and knowledge management strategy
- Knowledge Management and the Learning Organization
- Organizational learning and the learning organization
- Dominant models of the learning organization
- Power, politics and the learning organization
- Intellectual Capital
- Commonality among intellectual capital frameworks
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.