The course is formulated with objectives of understanding the heat transfer equipments, typical features and tube heat transfer and exchangers, design methods and design thumb rules, operation, control and troubleshooting aspects. The course further deals with how to optimize for both mechanical and thermal design requirements. The course will cover several case studies for clarifying the design methodology and solving real life problems in Heat exchanger Operation, Control and Troubleshooting. The course deals with Failure of heat exchangers: operating conditions, sources of failures,bstart-up issues, Malfunctioning – typical causes and remedial measures and learn how to troubleshoot, diagnose and correct operating problems.
- Understanding the functions and applications of heat exchangers
- Learning about the basic principles of heat transfer and their application to design of heat exchangers,
- Analyzing the overall heat transfer coefficients
- Recognizing how to make specific considerations applicable to condensers, evaporators etc.
- Gaining understanding of design thumb rules, fouling effect, prediction and techniques of control
- Familiarizing with heat exchanger performance
- Exploring peration and control aspects
- Discovering maintenance and troubleshooting
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who wants to become more familiar with heat exchangers and the methods of analyzing them
- Those who are engaged in design and/or specification of heat exchangers Staff
- Introduction to Heat Transfer
- Introduction to Conduction
- One-Dimensional, Steady State Conduction
- Two-Dimensional, Steady State Conduction
- Transient Conduction
- Introduction to Convection
- Forced Convection – External Flow
- Forced Convection – Internal Flow
- Free Convection
- Heat Exchangers
- Radiation: Processes and Properties
- Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces
- Classification based on application, terminology and applications (typical)
- Fundamentals of heat transfer
- Concept of LMTD, overall HT co-efficient, fouling factor
- TEMA classification and TEMA types
- Use of both kern method and bell (delaware) method would be highlighted
- Classification based on construction
- Mechanical design of shell and tube heat exchangers
- Selection of tubes
- Baffles and support plates
- Design of tube sheet – general requirements
- Tube sheet bending and shear formula
- Design of nozzles
- Pass-partition plates, end flanges and bolting
- Mechanical design of components – tube sheet, baffles, bonnet/shell cover
- Problems with hydrodynamics aspects; pressure drops, pumping power
- Investigate the parameters that affect heat transfer coefficients
- Effects of fouling and remedial measures
- Show ways to avoid vibration and velocity related problems
- Malfunctioning – typical causes and remedial measures
- Process control of heat exchangers
- Maintenance of heat exchangers
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.