Training Course Description
Knowledge of gears and gear systems is critical in today’s mechanized world. This course covers gear basics, installations, maintenance and troubleshooting as well as parallel and perpendicular shaft configurations; attributes of gears; installation procedures specific to spur, helical, bevel, miter and worm gearing; and types of wear associated with open gearing systems.
Training Course Objectives
- Being familiar with the different types of gears
- Understanding how to calculate critical dimensions of gears
- Being familiar with inspection procedures for spur, helical, bevel, miter and worm gear sets
- Being able to determine causes of failure
- Understanding safety procedures with open gear systems
Who Should Attend This Training?
- Maintenance Mechanics and Supervisors
- Field Service Technicians
- Power Transmission Distributors
- Those who are interested in learning about different types of gearing, gearboxes
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Gearing: defining terminology
- Design and function of a gear
- Spur gears
- Helical gears
- Bevel gears
- Hypoid gears
- Worm gears
- Non-circular gears
- Rolling Curves and Surfaces
- Proportions of Gear Teeth
- Involute Systems
- Cycloidal or Rolled-Curve System
- Construction of Tooth Profiles
- Spiral or Screw Gearings
- Gear Cutting
- Straight Hobs
- Taper Hobs
- Gear Finishing
- Pitch, Pitch circle, Pitch diameter, Circular pitch, Diametral pitch, and Outside diameter
- Root circle, Addendum, Dedendum, and Clearance
- Whole depth, Working depth, Flank of the tooth, and Face of the tooth
- Fillet, Face width, Backlash, and Pressure angle
- Top land and Bottom land
- Gear-tooth ratio
- Specifying gears
- Inspecting gears
- Installing gears and gearboxes
- Gear installation: shimming, alignment, and tooth contact
- Gear maintenance troubleshooting techniques
- Factors affecting gear backlash
- Ways to measure and control backlash in gears
- Factors that influence proper lubrication of gear drives
- Various methods of lubricant application to gear drive systems
- How to properly analyze failures in gear drives
- Analysis of operating characteristics: noise, heat, vibration
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.