Training Course Description
Silo structures are mostly used for storage of diverse bulk or liquid materials in industrial structures. Most common specifications to design and evaluate such kind of structures are provided by The European Standard.
Load assumption and design of silo structures, especially steel ones is always a complicated topic for structural civil and mechanical engineers. Since silo structures’ design always requires good knowledge in specifications and a good command of structural theory, that topic remains in grey area for structural engineers. That course mainly focuses on design of steel silos and related specifications by medium of hand calculations.
Training Course Objectives
- Provide a good command of design of steel silos members by medium of hand calculations.
- Recognize flow and failure modes in steel silos.
- Become familiar with current design specification and codes for steel silos
- Understand their basis in mechanics and analysis
- Explain the calculation of loads on steel bins arising from stored materials.
- Describe the structural design of common types of bin
Who Should Attend?
- Structural Engineers
- Project Engineers
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Overview of Load Assumptions and Loads on Silos
- Overview of EN1991-4 (2006) Actions on Silos and Tanks
- Overview of Silo structures
- Load cases for silo design
- Load combinations
- Design situations
- Particulate solid properties
- Loads on vertical silo walls
- Loads on silo hoppers and silo bottoms
- General to Silo Design
- Basis of Design
- Flow Modes
- Design of cylindrical walls
- Design of conical hoppers
- Design of Silos and Silo Parts
- Design of circular conical roof structures
- Design of transition junctions and supporting ring girders
- Design of rectangular and planar-sided silos
- Study Case
- Hand Calculation from zero to end with all details
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.