Training Course Description
This course explores the possible ways of designing and developing Isolated DC to DC converters. It explains to participants the basic terminologies used in this field, while at the same time discussing advanced DC/DC techniques. The theoretical part is enhanced through practical work. Some of the tools and equipment which are going to be used during the course are power supply, DMM, oscilloscope and miscellaneous accessories.
Training Course Objectives
- Quick start to design and developement of DC/DC conveter
- Gaining the knowledge of available integrated circuits in this field
- Designing the circuit for fixing the threshold level of input start-up voltage
- Introducing safety features for isolated DC/DC converters
- Exploring available transformers from different vendors
Who Should Attend?
- Engineers having their bachelor degree in electronics
- Engineers having minimum of 4 years of experience of designing COTS DC/DC converters based power solutions
- Those who have experience in using different switching regulators
- Anyone who has experience in component selection and electronics circuit designing
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Introduction to basic terminologies
- Isolated DC/DC Converters definition
- IC chips available from different vendors for different topologies used in designing of isolated topologies
- Magnetic fundamentals
- Operating principals of SMPS transformer and inductor
- Transformers and Inductors available from different vendors to be used in isolated DC/DC converter
- Skin Effect
- Proximity Effect
- Control Loop in DC/DC Converters
- Feedback Control circuitry & Control Loop stabilization
- Converter’s Models
- Voltage, Current, Hysteretic and PFM modes
- Snubber circuits
- Feedback Circuits implementation
- Compensator design and considerations
- Control and Power Circuit Components
- Design guidelines Component Characteristics
- Mosfet & Gate Drive requirements
- Advance DC/DC Techniques
- Synchronous rectification and advantages
- Multiphase Converter advantages and available IC chips
- Soft switching techniques
- Forward Active Clamp circuit
- Full Bridge Phase Shifted Modulation
- Voltage sensing
- Isolated Feedback miscellaneous techniques and available IC chips
- PCB Layout considerations
- Basic EMI filters requirements and common mode chokes
- Qualification of Power Supply, requirements, tools and equipment for qualifications
- Safety features for isolated DC/DC converters
- Isolation, its advantages, benchmarking for isolation voltage measurements, tools and equipment
- Input over voltage protections and its circuits
- Output over voltage protections
- Output continuous short circuit protection
- Over temperature protections
- Inrush current limiting
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.