Training Course Description
Railways is recognized worldwide as one of the safest transportation. However, derailment accidents occur occasionally, which cause tremendous casualties and property loss around the world every year. This course involves the skills and knowledge required to undertake a derailment investigation. It includes preparing for a derailment investigation, determining potential contributory factors, planning for derailment investigation report requirements, and investigating a derailment.
Training Course Objectives
- Understanding the definition and classification of type of derailments
- Identifying the principles of systematic investigation to be employed in derailment investigation
- Outlining the methods by which evidence will be gathered
- Understanding the important points to be observed at Derailment spot
- Observing the possible points for restoration
Who Should Attend?
- Track Inspectors
- Division Engineers
- Managers and Directors of Track Maintenance
- People with the responsibility for rail operation management
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Incident Management
- Investigator competency
- Site investigation general
- Investigation plan
- Recording and preservation of evidence
- At the site
- Recording of evidence and removal from site
- Recording techniques
- First vehicle derailed
- The meaning of marks on the rail
- Damage to derailed vehicles
- Track measurements
- Track misalignment
- Sleeper and fastening condition
- Other inspections and tests
- Additional site investigation for turnouts
- Derailments marks at points and crossings
- Turnout speed
- Information required at points and crossings
- Re-run the scenario
- Site investigation of rolling stock
- Data logger or Hasler recorder
- Inspect the vehicles
- Identifying wheels and axles
- Checking wheel and axle condition
- Wheel profile condition
- Fractured axles and fractured or loose wheels
- Axle bearing arrangement
- Checking bogie condition
- Site restoration and vehicle recovery
- Workshop inspection of rolling stock
- Derailment analysis
- Determining the cause
- Exploring the cause
- Mechanisms of derailment and typical causes
- Derailment causes – L/V
- Causes and contributory factors
- Excessive Speed
- Geometry calculations
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.