60% of organizations have no process for succession planning. This interactive course will enable you to consider the latest methodologies and strategies related to successful engagement, career development and succession planning.
The course is also designed to provide tips to create a clear career path and help build your bench. In addition, it will help you plan a succession strategy for a flexible and sustainable business.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the basics of career development and succession planning
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management and human capital management
- Compare traditional HR focus with career planning oriented HR focus
- Explain the role of employee and employer in career development
- Apply innovative corporate career development initiatives
- Evaluate and operate an effective succession planning program to close the developmental gaps in the organization
- Prepare individual development plans and manage career choices
Who Should Attend?
Human resources managers, line managers, HR business partners, team leaders and specialists.
PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST
- Putting people before numbers
- People’s wants from their organizations
- Organizations’ wants
- The war for talent
- Today’s top priorities in HR
- Disengagement and the downward performance spiral
- People based strategy
- HR activities: traditional focus versus career development focus
THE BASICS OF CAREER MANAGEMENT AND SUCCESSION PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Careers today: the importance of development
- Definition of career development
- The career development process and links to HR
- Essential elements in an integrated career development system
- Definition of succession planning
- Main aims and reasons for establishing a succession planning and management system
- Distinguishing succession planning from replacement planning
ORGANIZATIONAL READINESS FOR CHANGE
- Promoting a development culture
- Characteristics of a development culture
- Career development as a change agent
- Roles and responsibilities in a development culture
- Role of human resources
- Role of line managers
- Role of top management
- Role of developers
IDENTIFYING HIGH POTENTIALS
- Key positions
- High potentials and high professionals
- Assessing individual potential
- Best practices to improve the management of high potentials
- Qualities of processes to spot, develop, and retain high potentials
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: TOOLS AND METHODOLOGIES
- Competencies: the foundation for career development
- Competencies framework
- Coaching: an essential managerial function
- Mentoring: a must have system for career development
- Career counseling services
DEVELOPING INTERNAL SUCCESSORS
- Making the business case for succession planning and management
- Starting the systematic succession planning and management program
- Refining the program
- Assessing present work requirements and individual job performance
- Assessing future work requirements and individual potential
- Closing the development gap: the Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Designing the individual development plan
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.