This basic drilling technology course addresses the technology used to drill wells from a fundamental view point.
Equipment and procedures involved with drilling oil and gas wells are described for those who are interested in understanding the drilling process regardless of academic background.
During the week, the various components and procedures are discussed in detail with explanations of the basic science concepts which guide these processes. Subjects include descriptions of drill bits, directional drilling, drilling fluids, solids control, cementing, casing, well bore stability, well control, measurement-while-drilling techniques, stuck pipe, lost circulation, and well bore hydraulic.
- Learning about drilling equipment and how it is used
- Understanding drilling terminology and abbreviations
- Discussing keys to planning a successful well
- Understanding common drilling problems and how to avoid them
- Learning how to read a morning report
- Exploring technology behind information in a morning report
Who Should Attend?
- Petroleum and Production Engineers,
- Completion Engineers,
- Technical Supervisors,
- Service and Support Personnel,
- Entry Level Drilling Engineers,
- Drilling Operations Personnel,
- Drilling Office Support Staff
- The overall drilling process and equipment
- The language of drillers – understanding their terminology
- Understanding the abbreviations and acronyms associated with drilling
- Rig equipment and types
- Basic drilling equipment recognition
- Types of drill bits
- Drill strings
- Drilled solids management
- Mud tank arrangements
- Drilling fluid properties
- Casing design
- Casing running equipment
- Hole problems (stuck pipe, lost circulation)
- Directional drilling operations and tools
- Surveying tools
- Survey data correction
- Correction runs
- Well control
- Well control equipment
- Killing methods
- Alternative killing method
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.