Training Course Description
Structural engineers are used to use 3D structural analysis software and therefore they are losing more and more command of theory and knowledge of relevant specification. To have a good command in structural steel design and ability in depth to interpret structural calculations and design results, experience in hand calculations is a vital importance. That course mainly focuses on design of structural steel members by medium of hand calculations.
Training Course Objectives
- Provide a good command of design of structural steel members by medium of hand calculations.
- Recognize recognize limit states and failure modes in structural steel members and systems
- Become familiar with design specification and codes for steel structures
- Understand their basis in mechanics and analysis
- Design steel members and connections with an understanding of their limit states
- Understand failure modes and current design specifications / codes
Who Should Attend?
- Structural Engineers
- Project Engineers
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Overview of ASCE, AISC and American Seismic Specification
- Overview of ASCE 7-10
- Overview of AISC 360-10 Specification for Structural Steel Buildings
- Overview of AISC 341-10 – Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings
- Hand Calculations to Column Design
- Buckling resistance of a pinned column with intermediate restraints
- Pinned column using non slender H-section or RHS
- Hand Calculations to Beam Design
- Simply supported beam with intermediate lateral restraints
- Simply supported laterally unrestrained beam
- Hand Calculations to Vertical Bracing and Purlin Design
- Vertical bracing
- Simply supported IPE profile purlin
- Hand Calculations to Connection Design
- Bolted connection of an angle brace in tension to a gusset plate
- Fin plate beam-to-column-flange connection
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.