Training Successful Fleet And Transport Management
Transportation activities can account for over 70% of an organization’s supply chain costs. Thus, it is vital that an organization gets the transportation function right, whether its ambition is to meet personnel mobility needs or to execute the delivery of goods and materials. In this course, we will examine the transportation function in a holistic manner. We start by outlining the requirements of successful fleet maintenance programs and workshops. We then describe the components of stringent fleet and driver safety programs and experiment with different capital budgeting and distribution routing techniques. We conclude with a thorough explanation of key fleet performance measures.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager
· Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program
· Determine requirements for efficient workshops
· Create fleet safety and driver selection programs
· Use capital budgeting techniques to perform vehicle replacement analysis
· Optimize distribution vehicle routes
· Write Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of the fleet
Who Should Attend?
Fleet managers and coordinators, maintenance managers and supervisors, transportation planners, fleet safety managers and operations managers.
INTRODUCTION TO FLEET MANAGEMENT
· Definition of fleet management
· Objectives of fleet management
· Costs associated with fleet management
· Maximizing customer service
· Fleet manager profile
FLEET MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
· Roles and responsibilities in maintenance
· Benefits of preventive maintenance inspections
· Scope of preventive maintenance programs
· Unscheduled maintenance
· Road calls
· Tire selection and management
· Parts and supply management
· Vendor versus in-house maintenance
· Workshop layout
· Workshop tools
· Computing workshop productivity
· Facility requirements
· Bay space layout
FLEET SAFETY MANAGEMENT
· Elements of a safety program
· Reasons for accident prevention
· Driver selection criteria
· Fleet skill tests
· Road accident types
VEHICLE SELECTION AND REPLACEMENT
· Vehicle selection criteria
· Own or contract analysis
· Vehicle replacement analysis
· Capital budgeting techniques
TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION PLANNING
· Transportation fundamentals and optimization
· Factors affecting transportation decisions
· Network design options
· Routing of distribution vehicles
MEASURING AND IMPROVING FLEET PERFORMANCE
· Fleet measurement system
· Transportation costs
· Cost ratios
· Transportation asset productivity
· Financial and quality indicators
· Cycle time indicators
· Measuring and improving fleet utilization
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)