Training Course Description
Problems of harmonics in industrial plants are considered among the biggest issues in industrial distribution systems. This course will introduce the concept of harmonics production and their effects on different equipment supported with practical examples. Understanding harmonic recommendation IEEE 519 will be presented. AC drives, PWM and Inverters will be covered in details. Effect of equipment loading on harmonic currents and total harmonic current distortion will be illustrated with examples using SOLV software. Harmonics mitigation techniques; reactors, commutation reactors, special reactors passive L-C filters, phase shifting, phase staggering, active filters, hybrid active/passive filters and active front ends will also be covered. As a practical part of the course, local site measurements using harmonic measurement equipment will also be done.
Training Course Objectives
- Gaining background about harmonics in industrial distribution
- Being familiar with sources of harmonics and AC drive types
- Understanding line notching and inter-harmonics
- Identifying relationship between harmonic currents and power factors
- Understanding harmonics effects on complete range of equipment
- Being familiar with resonance in AC drives and pfc equipment
- Understanding PWM, DC, AC load commutated inverter and AC cycloconverters
Who Should Attend?
- Plant Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Electrical Maintenance Engineers
- Instrument and Control Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Inspectors
- Electrical Maintenance Superviso
Training Course Details/Schedule
- Introduction and background into harmonics with some examples of problems
- The production of harmonics (single phase and three phase systems)
- Line notching, inter-harmonics etal
- The relationship between harmonic currents and power factors (displacement power)
- Effects of harmonics on complete range of equipment.
- Resonance with example of real life application in Dubai (AC drives and pfc equipmentz)
- Sources of harmonics and AC drive types
- PWM, DC, AC load commutated inverter and AC cycloconverters
- Question and answer session.
- Effect of equipment loading on harmonic currents and total harmonic current distortion
- Effect of source kVA, impedance and subtransient reactance (Xd”) on harmonics
- Illustrating Examples using SOLV software
- Harmonic mitigation techniques (for three wire and four 3 phase distribution systems and for standard 3 phase systems)
- Reactors (AC line and DC bus), commutation reactors, special reactors (Lineator wide spectrum and duplex reactors)
- Passive L-C filters, phase shifting (multi-pulse), phase staggering (quasi-multi-pulse), active filters, hybrid active/passive filters and active front ends (sinusoidal rectifiers)
- Question and answer session
- Understanding harmonic recommendation IEEE 519 (1992)
- Simple harmonic calculation summary
- Example of harmonic calculation software (SOLV) and sample calculations
- Harmonic survey techniques and safety issues
- Local site measurements using harmonic measurement equipment
- Information required from vendors (e.g. drive suppliers) to solve harmonics problems
- Question and answer session.
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.