Pelatihan Cathodic Protection and Chemical Treatment
Maintaining the ageing infrastructure such as underground pipelines is a challenge to the oil and gas industry worldwide. Understanding why and how cathodic protection works or fails can help the operator formulate appropriate strategy in managing the pipeline corrosion problems. This three-day course covers both the fundamentals and practices in designing, operating and maintaining cathodic protection of underground pipelines.
- Drawing a simple model of a Cathodic Protection cell and name the different elements
- Naming 2 types of Cathodic Protection Systems
- Explaining the relationship between Coatings and Cathodic protection
- Naming and describing 2 different testing methods used to test Cathodic Protection
- Understanding terminology commonly used when discussing Cathodic Protection
Who Should Attend?
- Designers and anyone who are interested in cathodic protection technology for corrosion prevent
- Facility owners and users who are concerned with corrosion
- Technicians and maintenance personnel
- Engineers and technologists
- Primer on Chemistry and Metallurgy
- Fundamentals of corrosion
- Cathodic Protection
- Sacrificial Anode Cathodic Protection
- Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
- Criteria for Cathodic Protection
- Reference potential devices
- Potential measuring instrument
- Soil resistivity test instruments
- Wall thickness and pit gages
- Current interrupters
- Test rectifiers
- Holiday detectors
- Electrical resistivity
- Resistance of ground connection
- Non-uniform electrolyte
- Groundbed Design
- Long pipelines and pipe insulating joints
- Stray current corrosion and electrolysis
- Practical stray current problems
- Interference from other CP installations
- Effectiveness of coatings
- Coatings specification
- Coatings inspection
- Type of pipeline coatings
- Coating failures and analysis
- Cathodic Protection and Coatings
- Survey methods for pipeline not under cathodic protection
- Survey methods for pipeline under cathodic protection
- Overview of NACE Standard on “Pipeline External Corrosion Direct Assessment Methodology”
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Scale Inhibitors
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, dll serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore , Kuala Lumpur. (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda)